Wednesday, August 7, 2013

soccer, birds, and books

Hi again, I've been having a really fun week. My mom signed me up for soccer. Some of my friends are there and I know one of the coaches. But guess what? I had to wear a regular shirt, a fleece, woolen socks, a heavy jacket, plus sweat pants, a winter hat, and my soccer shoes! Isn't that a lot of layers? Well I think it is. It's really cold and it seems that winter's coming earlier. I can't wait for Halloween! I still don't know what I am going to be, but I hope I figure it out soon. I am already getting the first whiff of winter plus it is already August. It's pretty fun although my soccer shoes rub and now I have a blister.

We don't see a lot of birds migrating because our birds stay here. We have birds which are graceful, can attack, and are rare in other places. We have finches, ptarmigans, and bald eagles. We also have seagulls, puffins, and ducks. In duck hunting season, dad and I go duck hunting. I like duck hunting. Sometimes I look at the organs. Do you know that duck hearts have four chambers and in their stomach you find little leaves and seaweed. And I also found pebbles that they swallowed to help digestion and to help them grind food up.

I signed up for the summer reading program and I already reached my goal of 60 books and got all the prizes. I just finished the book The Chocolate Touch. It's about a boy which ate a special piece of chocolate and now everything that gores into his mouth or he touches turns to chocolate. He even gave his mom a kiss and she turned to chocolate. Any liquid of solids that touches his mouth turns to chocolate. The store keeper was magic and every time John went there for not a very good reason like saying thank you, even though saying thank you is a good thing, the store wasn't there. There was only an empty lot. But when he came back to ask for his mother to be back to a real thing and not a statue of chocolate, the store was there! After he asked the store keeper, he ran back home, and there she was as fine as if she had never been turned to chocolate. He got rid of the chocolate touch by doing the right thing. I really likes this book, but it was one of the shortest chapter books I've ever read. It was just 88 pages!

I'll write more tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! I can't believe you read that many books! Your comment about duck organs reminded me of when I was fishing off of Sand Point in Alaska. I ate a still beating salmon heart to prove I was a real fisherwoman. I think they were playing a joke on me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate is one of my favorites - but I don't think I would want to be turned into chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! 60 books??? holy guacamole! that's amazing Ansley. I love reading too, i read a lot. Good job with duck hunting, i can't wait to read about your hunting adventures this winter….if the snow ever comes, lol.

    ReplyDelete