Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My first blog

Hi, I'm Ansley. I'm 6 years old. This is my first blog and I'm really excited to start writing in it. I live in Alaska and I'm homeschooled. I like enjoying nature and I also enjoy having an I-pad. I got it for Christmas and my favorite thing to do on it is to play educational games like sushi monster and Oregon trail.

I wanted a blog because mom has a blog. This is a place where I can write my thoughts and what I do. Mom said that it would help my typing.

I like homeschooing because I get to work at my pace and have more time to play and invent. I love inventing and making scenes, It's how I play. I also love inventing recipes like my sugar balls, which is basically just sugar dough with sprinkles baked for 5 minutes. Sugar dough stands for sugar cookie dough.

Another thing I like to do a lot is to read. I love Roald Dahl books and also funny comics. My favorite comic is the original Calvin and Hobbes. I even draw my own pictures of them. I also love the How to Train Your Dragon series. I've read all the ones that the library has so we need to start ordering the others. I like that they are funny and about dragons. My favorite character is Hiccup. My second favorite character is Toothless.

That's it for today. 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Ansley! My name is Heather and I'm a friend of your mum's. I have a 6 year old daughter named Sofija and we live in Australia. I look forward to reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ansley. I love your blog. I am looking forward to hearing more about your adventures both on the tundra and in the books that you read. I love Calvin and Hobbes too! I wonder if you still remember your old library in Lock Haven and your friend Nancy, the librarian. I hope so because I sure do remember you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ansley- It's your cousin, Tiff. I'm glad you have a blog. I can't wait to read about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ansley- I'm so glad you have a blog. I can't wait to read about your adventures. I bet you write great stories. I have some really funny stories about your mom!
    Cousin Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ansley! Loved reading about all the things that you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ansley-

    I'm excited to read your blog to find out all the things you are doing - just like your mom's blog. Take care of your Mom & Dad. Can't wait to see you the end of this month. We love you.

    MeMom & Pop-Pop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ansley,
    I oan't believe you have your very own blog. I love reading it and can't wait to read more. Love you! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ansley,

    I'm Aidan and I too am 6 years old. My sister and I, Ainsley, are homeschooled just like you. I love your idea of starting your own blog. I think I want to start my own now!

    I also read a lot of books, especially mysteries. I have hundreds of books in my room! I just started the How to Train Your Dragon series. It was funny you wrote about Roald Dahl because we just watched the movie "The Witches" a few days ago.
    We also just saw "Nanny McPhee". I love that movie! Have you seen it?

    Nice talking to you! Now I have to convince my Mom to let me start my own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ansley,
    Someone just showed me your blog online and I really enjoyed reading it. I have 2 granddaughters that are also home schooled. Like you, they love the freedom to learn at their own pace.
    I love it when girls are so smart. This big old world of ours can use all the smart girls it can get. You rock little lady!
    A Southern Grandma

    ReplyDelete